[Snort-users] Fw: Error: Unknown Class Type

wkitty42 at ...14940... wkitty42 at ...14940...
Mon May 29 19:38:59 EDT 2017

On 05/28/2017 05:39 PM, Dionne Queen wrote:
> Getting the same error message: ERROR: c:\snort\rules\app-detect (33) Unknown
> class type: web-application-attackFatal error, quitting.

i responded to another about this very thing in the last week or two... i even
posted my combined Talos and EmergingThreats classification.conf file which is
where this specific problem resides...

if you use only the Talos rules, then the Talos classification.conf file is
fine... if you use only the EmergingThreats rules, then the EmergingThreats
classification file is fine... if you use both, Talos and EmergingThreats,
rules, then you need to combine both classification.conf files into one...

since i've already posted mine in the last few weeks, i'll leave it up to you
and anyone else interested to dig through the list's archives and find the
post(s) in question ;)