[Snort-users] Fw: Error: Unknown Class Type

Dionne Queen ddd1236 at ...131...
Sun May 28 17:39:03 EDT 2017

I had the same problem before. It has to do the preprocessors and yes, I commented out all the suggested white list references.
Thanks. Need help/advice
I am now trying to capture/save packets in the log file:
c:\snort\bin snort -i 2 -de -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -l c:\snort\log
Getting the same error message: ERROR: c:\snort\rules\app-detect (33) Unknown class type: web-application-attackFatal error, quitting.-Dionne