[Snort-users] Snort++ Project Help - Slow Inline Throughput

B B dustythepath at ...11827...
Mon May 22 17:05:52 EDT 2017

Shawn,

I have not seen any replies to your thread about LSO and DSO or “offloading”. I use ethtool to disable offloading on startup. If you haven’t looked into this it may be your issue.

These are my settings in /etc/local.d/ethtool_changes.txt

ethtool --offload enp5s0 rx off tx off
ethtool -K enp5s0 gro off gso off lro off
ethtool -G enp5s0 rx 4096
ethtool -K enp5s0 sg off
ethtool -G enp5s0 tx 4096
ifconfig enp5s0 promisc
ethtool --offload enp6s0 rx off tx off
ethtool -K enp6s0 gro off gso off lro off
ethtool -G enp6s0 tx 4096
ethtool -G enp6s0 rx 4096
ethtool -K enp6s0 sg off
ifconfig enp6s0 promisc