[Snort-users] Snort++ Project Help - Slow Inline Throughput

Shawn M Venti sv2 at ...17844...
Mon May 22 16:31:02 EDT 2017

Hello All,

I posted about this issue a little while ago however am still struggling. If anyone could be of assistance it would be very helpful.

Currently I am working on a project that Snort++ (3.0.0-a4) is a part of. I’m attempting to run this on a smaller single board PC made my PC Engine. Please see the specs here:

- AMD Embedded G series GX-412TC , 1 GHz quad core
- 4 GB DDR-1333
- 3x i210AT LAN

I have successfully built and installed Snort++ on this system but the trouble I am having is horrible throughput (~20 MBits/sec) on a 100MBits/sec channel. The only modification that I have made to the default configuration is whats needed to run in inline mode.

I am using the AFPacket DAQ. Attached to this message is a test through my setup using iPerf and the Snort++ output. I’ve also attached my configuration file for Snort++.

All the best,

Shawn