[Snort-users] Hello Snort Team

J Doe general at ...17107...
Sun May 21 14:55:38 EDT 2017

> On May 21, 2017, at 2:49 PM, Joel Esler (jesler) <jesler at ...589...> wrote:
>
> Looks like the default snort.conf to me.

Hi Joel,

Oh, my apologies.  I have been using Snort (earlier version), on a low traffic web server and while I explicitly set HTTP_PORTS to 80 and 443, I didn't recall that the default config has a more extensive port list.

Some of the port numbers listed don't seem to correspond to services that would speak HTTP/S, or am I incorrect in that assessment ?

Thanks,

- J