[Snort-users] (no subject)

‫moon sun‬ ‫ msun489 at ...131...
Thu May 18 16:17:51 EDT 2017

Hello,
I'm trying to use linux shell script to perform multiple snort commands , i put them in a vi editor and save it and then make this file executable:

$ cd ~/snort5_src
$ cd snort-2.9.9.0
$ snort -dev -n 20  -l /home/hduser/log7 -b -c /etc/snort5/snort.conf
$ chmod a+rwx /home/hduser/log7/snort.log.*
$ tcpdump -n -tttt -r /home/hduser/log7/snort.log.* > /home/hduser/log7/bigfile2.txt
when i execute this file in terminal it give me this message :
./snort-command: line 1: $: command not found
./snort-command: line 2: $: command not found
./snort-command: line 3: $: command not found
./snort-command: line 4: $: command not found
./snort-command: line 5: $: command not found

Is this the right way to use snort commands in shell script ? or there is something else to do in snort ?