[Snort-users] 回复: 回复: snort preprocessor reputation Shared memory loadentries always 0

Hui Cao (huica) huica at ...589...
Wed May 10 09:12:41 EDT 2017

My question is :

1.      What does 'Shared memory max instances: 2' mean? It mean I can only start to two instances?

Yes. You can set it to a higher number since it is configurable. Configure option is “shared_max_instances”. I think the default is 50.

2.      How do I know that my snort client uses a shared blacklist?I can't get any infomation from client snort output.

You have the output like this, it is a reader:

   Mapped shared management region of size 128 as a reader.
    Reputation Preprocessor: Size of shared memory segment SFIPReputation.rt.0.0.0 is 1146880