[Snort-users] Problem With Dynamic Library

wkitty42 at ...14940... wkitty42 at ...14940...
Mon Jun 12 16:49:13 EDT 2017

On 06/12/2017 02:28 PM, Jim Campbell wrote:
> When I run the test "sudo snort -T -i enp1s0 -c /etc/snort/snort.ips.conf" I get
> the following error:
>
> ERROR: The dynamic detection library
> "/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules/file-executable.so" version 1.0 compiled with
> dynamic engine library version 2.6

this is the dynamic shared object rules... did you download new rules and
replace them, too??

> isn't compatible with the current dynamic
> engine library "/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so" version 3.0.

we used to always delete everything in the dynamicrules and dynamicpreprocessor
directories... if we were using the shared object rules, those had to go, too...
plus they had to be disabled until they had been updated on the next scheduled
rules update run...

> And yes, I did the "sudo ldconfig" to update the shared libraries.

we've never done that... didn't ever need to...