[Snort-users] Snort 2.9.9.0 Compile Flag Documentation

Jim Campbell jim at w4bqp.net
Tue Jun 13 20:48:00 EDT 2017

I built Snort using the cookbook at
http://sublimerobots.com/2017/01/snort-2-9-9-x-ubuntu-installing-snort/

In the configure step it said "./configure --enable-sourcefire" which I
did. Several pages later while testing my configuration I began to get
an error message about a socket problem. After bumbling around for a
while I discovered something that said if you were experiencing socket
problems Snort needed to be configured with --enable-shared-rep and
--enable-control-socket. I did that and no more socket problems. Maybe
that could be added to the first page.

Jim Campbell

--
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience;
we are spiritual beings having a human experience."