[Snort-users] Problem With Dynamic Library

Noah Dietrich noah_dietrich at 86penny.org
Tue Jun 13 01:54:53 EDT 2017

Hello,

I'm the author of those Snort on Ubuntu guides on the
http://SublimeRobots.com blog.

You need to copy the dynamic preprocessor libraries from the snort Source (
*~/snort_src*) folder. if you're following my Ubuntu guide, that command is
probably something like:

*cd
~/snort_src/snort-2.9.9.0/src/dynamic-preprocessors/build/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/*
*sudo cp * /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/*

You probably need to clean out the*
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/ *folder before you run the above
command.  (I can't remember if there was a change in these folder paths
between the instructions for the 2.9.8.x and 2.9.9.x versions of snort, so
you may need to tweak these instructions a bit).

After compiling snort on Ubuntu, the *ldconfig *command is required (or
snort will throw an error when you run it), that's probably what he is
referring to.

Noah