[Snort-users] Configuration Problem

Jones, Christopher (Chris) (Maj) cajones1 at ...17771...
Mon Jan 30 11:39:00 EST 2017

Team,

I'm new to Snort and am having trouble getting a successful configuration test.  The test quits with the error "ERROR: C:\snort\etc\snort.conf(327) => Invalid keyword '}' for server configuration.  Fatal Error, Quitting...

Line 327 is:
  decompress_pdf { deflate }

I'm running 2.9.9.0-WIN32 GRE (Build 56) on windows 10 and I'm using the latest registered rules 2990.tar.gz.  I've gone through the configuration files following a youtube video and believe I've got everything set correct but must have missed something.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Chris