[Snort-users] Snort-sigs mailing list and VoipTech HelpDesk auto replies

wkitty42 at ...14940... wkitty42 at ...14940...
Sat Jan 28 14:00:53 EST 2017

On 01/28/2017 10:05 AM, Y M wrote:
> I am not sure if it's just me or everybody on the list but when I reply to
> snort-sigs list to answer a question, I receive two auto-generated emails from
> something called "VoipTech HelpDesk". Google translate says they are written in
> Italian. It looks like someone has (mis)configured their HelpDesk system to auto
> reply or something.

i've been getting something similar from some #@$^%&@$%$ located in
California... they've either attached to the mailing list or news group and are
feeding their shit systems with the traffic or they are adding each user in the
list or group... i've already talked with joel a couple of times about this but
until their account signup is found, they can't be forcibly disconnected... so
what i've been doing is reporting every single so-called helpdesk response as
spam to my ISP as well as filtering it as spam... the ones i see are from SACA
Technical Support which are also affiliated somehow with some "Office on the
Net" thing which is apparently some sort of virtual office complete with voip
phones and more... it is time to start bashing these id10ts with thermonuclear
LARTS, IMNSHO...