[Snort-users] Installation:

Charles E. Black ceblack at ...17751...
Sun Jan 22 21:38:45 EST 2017

Snort newbie:

I have recently installed Snort. I have also installed WinPcap. This is on a
Windows 10 system. I am also using a wireless system. Does the WinPcap allow
a wireless system to pull information coming in through a router or is there
some settings that I can set to allow incoming packages to be pulled in to a
wireless system. I am using the following command to pull in signals:

Snort -ved

I believe I will need to hardwire a system directly after the router but I
hope there is a way to achieve package monitoring using a wireless computer.