[Snort-users] Pulled Pork 0.7.2 Policies not working

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Sun Jan 22 18:26:54 EST 2017

I'm testing Pulled Pork on a slave sensor using -nPT to bypass the signature
file.

I've tried setting the policy using Balanced and Security. When the balanced
policy is ran the output says it Modified 19004 rules. However the stats at
the end never changes. It fails to update the .rules file with the changes.

After running each of the policies I save the .rules file from each run, and
they are identical.

Attached is the output from each run. I'm not seeing anything. Maybe this is
a problem others are having but not noticing?

Thanks.