[Snort-users] Question regarding Barnyard2

Noah Dietrich noah_dietrich at ...17393...
Sun Jan 15 23:27:04 EST 2017

These are the two sql libraries you need to install Barnyard2:
sudo apt-get install -y mysql-server libmysqlclient-dev mysql-client

I suspect that your issue is that you're not using the correct flag when
you configure barnyard2.  The correct command is one of the following two
lines (probably the second line, since you're on the x86 version of Ubuntu):
./configure --with-mysql --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
./configure --with-mysql --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
this ensures that you are adding the correct mysql libraries.

These instructions are from my Snort guide:
http://sublimerobots.com/2017/01/snort-2-9-9-x-ubuntu-installing-barnyard2/

On another note: the version of Snort that you are installing is really old
(i'm assuming you're installing it from the repositories).  You probably
want to install snort manually to get the latest (and supported) version.
My guide is here for the 2.9.9.0 version (latest) release of snort on
Ubuntu:
http://sublimerobots.com/2017/01/snort-2-9-9-x-ubuntu-installing-snort/,
along with barnyard2, PulledPork, and BASE.

Noah