[Snort-users] Snort takes prohibitively huge time for multiple pcap files

Bhargava Jandhyala (bjandhya) bjandhya at ...589...
Sun Jan 15 01:16:35 EST 2017

Hi

Can you please share the cmd that used for running the pcaps list.

Thanks,
Bhargava

From: "Asad, Hafiz ul" <Hafiz-ul.Asad at ...17478...>
Date: Friday, 13 January 2017 at 10:56 PM
To: "snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net" <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort takes prohibitively huge time for multiple pcap files

Snort Users,

I have two pcap files (about 600 MB each), if I analyse them one-by-one, it took snort 2.9.8.0 about 1 mint 10 sec to process them. But if I use any option of multiple files, e.g. --pcap-list “<list>”, it takes like forever for snort to finish and I have to manually stop it. Any solution for this?

Asad