[Snort-users] Question regarding Barnyard2

Bob Baller bobballer at ...15978...
Sat Jan 14 16:30:44 EST 2017

Hello,  I am having a problem getting Barnyard2 to work.  Snort seems to be
working fine but I keep getting the following error when I attempt to run
Barnyard:

ERROR database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of barnyard2

ERROR: If this build of barnyard2 was obtained as a binary distribution
(e.g., rpm,

or Windows), then check for alternate builds that contains the necessary

'mysql' support.

I've set '--with-MySql' and have reinstalled it many times.  I am clearly
missing something

I am running the following

Linux Mint           ver 18 32bit

MySql                   ver 5.7.16-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

Snort                     ver 2.9.7.0-5

Barnyard2           ver 2.1.14 Build 339

I would appreciate any help.