[Snort-users] Barnyard2 and snort mysql databse

Asad, Hafiz ul Hafiz-ul.Asad at ...17478...
Sun Feb 26 16:59:09 EST 2017

Hi,

I am sharing a screen shot (attached) of my barnyard2 summary of the alerts and the mysql queries. To me they don't seem consistent with the barnyard2 summary, am I interpreting it wrong? or there is something more to it? The barnyard2 shows total number of events= 527 and Packets=711, while in the mysql databse the query "select count(*) from event" returns 711.  Please help me with this.

Regards

Asad