[Snort-users] changing HOME_NET variable without reloading completely

greg.mcnathansonsnuf003 at ...16876... greg.mcnathansonsnuf003 at ...16876...
Wed Feb 22 18:10:47 EST 2017

Everytime I get a new public IP (dynamic IP) from my ISP (Internet Service Provider) (and this happens very often), I have to change the HOME_NET variable in the snort configuration file and then reload all rules and configuration completely. Unfortunately this means time consuming and cpu intensive workload. I have created a script for this, but this doesn't avoid the intensive reload workload.

Is there a workaround for this?

Or better can you change the HOME_NET variable where it is used without a complete reload?