[Snort-users] Alert log

wkitty42 at ...14940... wkitty42 at ...14940...
Tue Feb 7 20:25:22 EST 2017

On 02/07/2017 06:17 PM, Dawit Admassu wrote:
> Hi
> I am running snort on VM for training purposes. How can I clean or purge my log file ?

which ""log file""? generally speaking, the default snort.log.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
files are pcap files and are started anew each time snort is restarted... the
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx numbers are the linux time since epoch (aka seconds since epoch)...