[Snort-users] Load alerts read from file to database

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Tue Feb 7 13:21:23 EST 2017

> On Feb 7, 2017, at 9:21 AM, Marcin Dulak <marcin.dulak at ...11827...> wrote:
>
> Isn't this surprising that snort-users receives so many unsubscribe requests?

We’ve added almost 2000 new users to snort-users in the past month.  So, not surprising we are having an influx of new people.

> An even more surprising nobody thanks and acknowledges he was able to perform an unsubscribe himself using that link?
> Can snort-users administrators check whether those users actually unsubscribed?

Yeah, I can.  But why?  You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink.

> "It's filling up my mailbox too much and too fast" - can a max few messages per day "fill up a mailbox", what kind of messages have they received?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

--
Joel Esler
Manager