[Snort-users] Snort Alert Log Timestamps

Marcin Dulak marcin.dulak at ...11827...
Fri Feb 3 18:18:47 EST 2017

I recently reported a similar problem: http://seclists.org/snort/2017/q1/178
There is also an old barnyard issue
https://github.com/firnsy/barnyard2/issues/121
Do your alerts are listed in order in the alert file?
I'm quite sure that I saw wrong timestamps also in unified2 log - if your
alert timestamps are not listed in order - try to log in unified2 and see
if you also obtain wrong timestamps.
If all your alerts are listed in order, then it's probably a different
issue.

Marcin