[Snort-users] http_inspect missing requests

Russ rucombs at ...589...
Fri Feb 3 17:06:21 EST 2017

The final 3 GET requests were not acknowledged by the TCP server and so
weren't processed.  If you run in IPS mode you will see them get them
processed.  To enable IPS mode, make sure you have

     preprocessor normalize_tcp: ips

in your conf and add these args to your command line:

     --daq dump --daq-var load-mode=read-file -Q

The dump DAQ allows you to test inline mode with pcaps (it will create a
new pcap with only the packets allowed to pass); -Q enables inline mode;
and normalize_tcp: ips enables stream normalization.