[Snort-users] Port scanning and dos detection

Marcin Dulak marcin.dulak at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 15:49:06 EDT 2017

Hi,

I can only offer the same advice as in
https://lists.snort.org/pipermail/snort-users/2017-August/070625.html -
google the error first, and you will find
http://seclists.org/snort/2012/q3/60

"You are attemping to log in Ascii mode when you have ipv6 on your network.
And afaik, you can't create a directory in

Windows with a colon in the name.

So, I'd suggest logging in a different method. -b perhaps?

"

By the way, please don't forget to post the solution to your previous
question at https://lists.snort.org/pipermail/snort-users/2017-August/070624.html

Marcin