[Snort-users] Config issues

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Aug 12 10:45:30 EDT 2017

On 08/12/2017 10:38 AM, Sumit Balodi via Snort-users wrote:
> Can't Solve this problem .
>
> ttpInspect Config:
>      GLOBAL CONFIG
>        Detect Proxy Usage:       NO
>        IIS Unicode Map Filename: c:\snort\etc\unicode.map
>        IIS Unicode Map Codepage: 1252
>        Memcap used for logging URI and Hostname: 150994944
>        Max Gzip Memory: 838860
>        Max Gzip Sessions: 2688
>        Gzip Compress Depth: 65535
>        Gzip Decompress Depth: 65535
> ERROR: c:\snort\etc\snort.conf(329) => Invalid keyword '}' for server configuration.

what are the sections before and after? better yet, just post your conf file now
that we know the error...

https://www.snort.org/faq/how-do-i-ask-a-good-question-on-the-snort-list

How do I ask a good question on the Snort list?

Many of the questions asked on the Snort list contain very poor or incomplete
information, so this is a guide on how to ask a good question:

   * Explain the problem you are having. What, exactly, are you are trying to
accomplish?
   * Paste the output of ‘snort -V’ (without the quotes).
   * Paste the entire command line you are using to start Snort.
   * Paste any output you receive (an error, a crash, any verbiage that’s on the
screen.)
   * Paste your snort.conf file at the very end of the email.

This will help us get started helping you figure out your problem so you can
solve it.