[Snort-users] Simple preprocessor example

aquarian_new at yahoo.com aquarian_new at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 16:21:22 EDT 2017

Hello,
I don't have an example or tutorial to share right now. However, you could grab some sample pcap files from www.wireshark.org or pcapr.net and run Snort with the pcap, select appropriate rules from preprocessor.rules file just to play around and observe particular alerts.
~aquarian_new

  On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 1:38 AM, neerav arora via Snort-users<snort-users at lists.snort.org> wrote:   Hello everyone ,
Iam new to snort . Can any one provide me a simple  example (with steps) of snort preprocessor functionality , that i cant try out in my system . I want to use  preprocessor.rules file .
Snort-users mailing list
Snort-users at lists.snort.org