[Snort-users] Snort++ Build 239

Jim Campbell jim at w4bqp.net
Mon Aug 7 11:24:55 EDT 2017

Russ,

There is another way to "get me back to where I was." Since the Snort
group had the foresight to install Snort3 with an entirely different
directory path than Snort2, I installed the rest of Snort2 (some of it
was already there) in the old path. I had to touch up some of the config
files but that allowed me to regress to Snort 2.9.9.0 with little pain.
I've had Snort2 humming along nicely for the last several days. I'm
using Barnyard2, Pulledpork, Apache2 and BASE for the rest of my
installation.

Thanks for your help.

Jim