[Snort-users] SSH Version Scan

Jason Hellenthal jhellenthal at ...17831...
Wed Apr 12 10:11:46 EDT 2017

Personally I would look into how detection for SIP works from NMAP and dump the traffic the network from a live scan and formulate something like the following with your specific to/from details.

flow:established,to_server; content:"OPTIONS sip|3A|nm SIP/"; depth:19; classtype:attempted-recon;

Though it may be just easier to rate limit the connection attempts by max number of source connections and just blacklist them. Unless you are really interested in the details of versioning attempts.