[Snort-users] Question about Artificial Neural Networks, Preprocessors and Snort

Luan Utimura lnutimura at ...17826...
Mon Apr 10 12:53:59 EDT 2017

Hello everybody,

For a college final project, I'm thinking about creating a system where I can use ANN to classify what type of attacks my network could be suffering based on it's packets informations. At the moment, considering I'm a complete newbie w/ Snort, the methodology would consist of developing a Snort Preprocessor, with a ANN implemented in it.

Is it the best way to approach this problem? Or is it even possible to do the way I just described to you guys?
Feel free to leave your suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Nthg.