[Snort-users] Problems on Flowbits Option

Luo Xin kingsleyluoxin at ...125...
Mon Apr 10 03:55:38 EDT 2017

Hello, everyone!

I have been confused about the flowbits option. According to the snort manual, it is possible to use this option to implement a simple state machine. I have been trying to do that, but my tries prove to be failure. I have been wondering if I have wrong understanding about this flowbits option.

Is there anybody that has ever used flowbits option to implement a protocol state machine? If any, would you please be so kind as to help me solve my puzzles?

Any help shall be appreciated .