[Snort-users] Overload of duplicate errors

bobby architectofthefuture at ...11827...
Sun Apr 9 18:06:37 EDT 2017

I am running snort on 16.04 Ubuntu; snort version 2.9.9.0.  All rules in
the snort.rules file are commented out.  I am using base.  So far I have
about 29,567 alerts in one day.  All the same thing:
Signature: [snort] ssh: Protocol mismatch  The source and Destination are
always the same.  I've read that it is the ssh pre-processor.  What is
going on, and what can I do about this?  I am using ssh on my network, with
these alert IPs matching up to what I am doing.