[Snort-users] Snort Configuration ERROR

Al Lewis (allewi) allewi at ...589...
Sat Nov 19 22:57:02 EST 2016

To just validate you run snort with the -T, the config file and no other arguments.

Can you share your configuration file?

Thanks.

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
Email: allewi at ...589...<mailto:allewi at ...589...>

From: Amal Saeed <amal.saeed at ...17680...<mailto:amal.saeed at ...17680...>>
Date: Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 10:07 PM
To: 'snort-users' <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>>
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort Configuration ERROR

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to validate my configuration of Snort.

I'm entering this command:
sudo snort -T -i eth0 -u snort -g snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

And then it will run, but at the end, I get this error:
ERROR: /etc/snort/snort.conf(326) => Invalid keyword '}' for server configuration.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I've seen other posts from people who've recently gotten this error too, but I've seen no solution. I tried commenting line 326 out in my snort.conf file, but then the error just kept moving to the following lines.

Can someone please help? I'm installing Snort on a Ubuntu VM.

Thanks.

--
Amal Saeed
Simmons College '17, B.S. Computer Science & Information Technology