[Snort-users] Snort 2.9.9 Beta Now Available
Joel Esler (jesler)
jesler at ...589...
Mon Nov 14 10:48:13 EST 2016
The last Release Candidate we made available is under "Snort Development Release" on the Downloads page of Snort.org<http://Snort.org>:
Sent from my iPad
On Nov 14, 2016, at 7:41 AM, Cloherty, Sean E <scloherty at ...312...<mailto:scloherty at ...312...>> wrote:
Is this beta available for download anywhere? I'm not able to find any information or a copy anywhere. I'm very interested in testing the HTTP2 support.
From: Snort Releases [mailto:snortreleases at ...950...]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 10:39 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:snort-users at ...3783...net>
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort 2.9.9 Beta Now Available
Snort 2.9.9 Beta is now available on snort.org<http://snort.org> at
http://www.snort.org/downloads in the Snort Stable Release section.
2016-05-12 - Snort 2.9.9 Beta
[*] New additions
* HTTP/2 support.
HTTP2 SUPPORT IS STILL EXPERIMENTAL.
By default, HTTP2 traffic is not supported. To enable it you need:
* Install nghttp library from https://nghttp2.org/
* If nghttp is not installed in default path, use with_libnghttp2_includes and
with_libnghttp2_libraries to point to the correct path during "configure" step.
* Enable HTTP2 support in http_inspect configuration with "legacy_mode no"
Refer README.http_inspect for details.
* Buffer Dump feature.
Enable buffer dump feature with "--enable-buffer-dump" configure option.
* Rule options - byte_math, bitmask and from_end.
* Performance improvements to AppID.
* Fixed Flash LZMA decompression issue.
* Added 802.11/wifi header support in ARP Preprocessor.
* Stability improvement for Stream6 preprocessor.
* Fixed multiple issues in HttpInspect preprocessor.
* Fixed an issue of incorrect masking of sensitive data.
See the Release Notes and ChangeLog for more details.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to bugs at ...950...<mailto:bugs at ...843.....950...>.
The Snort Release Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Snort-users