[Snort-users] Snort 2.9.9 Beta Now Available

Cloherty, Sean E scloherty at ...312...
Mon Nov 14 10:41:19 EST 2016

Is this beta available for download anywhere?  I’m not able to find any information or a copy anywhere.  I’m very interested in testing the HTTP2 support.

Thanks.

From: Snort Releases [mailto:snortreleases at ...950...]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 10:39 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort 2.9.9 Beta Now Available

Snort 2.9.9 Beta is now available on snort.org at
http://www.snort.org/downloads in the Snort Stable Release section.

2016-05-12 - Snort 2.9.9 Beta
[*] New additions

 *  HTTP/2 support.
        HTTP2 SUPPORT IS STILL EXPERIMENTAL.
        By default, HTTP2 traffic is not supported. To enable it you need:
            * Install nghttp library from https://nghttp2.org/
            * If nghttp is not installed in default path, use with_libnghttp2_includes and
              with_libnghttp2_libraries to point to the correct path during "configure" step.
            * Enable HTTP2 support in http_inspect configuration with "legacy_mode no"
        Refer README.http_inspect for details.

 *  Buffer Dump feature.
        Enable buffer dump feature with "--enable-buffer-dump" configure option.

 *  Rule options - byte_math, bitmask and from_end.

[*] Improvements
 *  Performance improvements to AppID.

 *  Fixed Flash LZMA decompression issue.

 *  Added 802.11/wifi header support in ARP Preprocessor.

 *  Stability improvement for Stream6 preprocessor.

 *  Fixed multiple issues in HttpInspect preprocessor.

 *  Fixed an issue of incorrect masking of sensitive data.

See the Release Notes and ChangeLog for more details.

Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to bugs at ...950...<mailto:bugs at ...950...>.

Happy Snorting!
The Snort Release Team