[Snort-users] Local rules with same sids and snort works!

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Wed Nov 9 13:28:26 EST 2016

You can have duplicate SIDS.  The rule with the highest rev will override the lower rev rule, otherwise Snort will take the first rule it gets to, and ignore the other one.

It’s been this way for several years.

--
Joel Esler | Talos: Manager | jesler at ...589...<mailto:jesler at ...589...>