[Snort-users] TCP stream processing performance

Kevin Wang kevin.wang at ...17580...
Mon Jun 27 17:59:10 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am looking at Snort performance and I found that in the Preprocessor profile statistics, "s5" or "s5tcp" is taking a lot of time. My understanding is that s5tcp is for TCP stream reassembly and the time taking is mostly due to the buffering and mis-ordered packets. The actually processing by the CPU is relatively short. Is my understanding correct or there is other intense processing going on?

Thanks,
Kevin
Email Disclaimer & Confidentiality Notice
This message is confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you should not deliver, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Copyright (c) 2016 by Istuary Innovation Labs, Inc. All rights reserved.