[Snort-users] Fwd: Snort My SQL DB

Arun Saini mailarunsaini at ...11827...
Thu Jun 23 06:37:06 EDT 2016

Hi,

we are using Barnyard2 version 2.1.13<build 327> and
​attached ​
error sc
​r​
​e​
n shot
​for information​
,

 snort version 2.9.5.5 GRE [build 205]
libpcap version 1.3.0
PCRE 8.30 2012-02-04
Zlib 1.2.7

Mysql snort databese tables,

mysql> show tables;
+------------------+
| Tables_in_snort  |
+------------------+
| acid_ag          |
| acid_ag_alert    |
| acid_event         |
| acid_ip_cache    |
| base_roles       |
| base_users       |
| data             |
| detail           |
| encoding         |
| event            |
| icmphdr          |
| iphdr            |
| opt              |
| reference        |
| reference_system |
| schema           |
| sensor           |
| sig_class        |
| sig_reference    |
| signature        |
| tcphdr           |
| udphdr           |
+------------------+
do we need  acid_event  table in our database it ? or please suggest us
whether do we actually require"acid_ag          |
| acid_ag_alert    |
| acid_event         |
| acid_ip_cache "

in our database ?
it is the table where the screen shot saying that the events are not found
the way...
surely we will upgrade our snort but just want to diagnose why this error
is coming on screen.

​
​Sincerely,
Arun Saini