[Snort-users] Snort BASE compatibility

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Wed Jun 22 21:05:53 EDT 2016

Well, yes.  But I believe you are asking the wrong question.  Snort doesn’t output directly to a database that BASE would read from.  Snort outputs in unified2 format, which then barnyard2 reads, and inserts into the DB.  The BASE reads from the DB.

All that being said, yes.  They all are compatible.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Talos Group