[Snort-users] How to determine that the Snort is ready to capture the traffic?

Andrei_1980 andrei_1980 at ...1975...
Tue Jun 14 07:17:55 EDT 2016

Hi all.

I have a question.

I use Snort 2.9.8.0 with near 50k rules. On slow PC, time to completely
load all rules and Snort ready to process traffic take up 1 min.
Sometimes more sometimes less. When snort run in background mode, I need
to define time exactly when snort begin ready to process traffic. Is
there any way to determine that moment (when Snort ready to capture
traffic)?

P.s. Now i use simple way - grep stdout until some text pattern. But it
will be wonder, if Snort could announce readiness event.