[Snort-users] Snort configuration

Velusami, Selvi selvi.velusami at ...17554...
Fri Jun 10 16:59:51 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am very new to snort and I need to configure the same to our VM environment.

Please find below my environment details

1.       Snort is installed on a centos OS with two networks in VM environment

2.       Downloaded the snort.rules from snort.org

3.       I have modified the below parameters in the snort.conf file and set the path to /etc/snort/rules

a.       RULE_PATH

b.      SO_RULE_PATH

c.       PREPROC_RULE_PATH

d.      WHITE_LIST_PATH

e.      BLACK_LIST_PATH

4.       After these things when I issue the command snort -v , I am getting the below messages.
"No Preprocessors configured for policy 0"

I am sure that I am missing a big stuff here. Any pointers or configuration help to configure the same will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Selvi.V