[Snort-users] [OT] Release: check_ids_interfaces Nagios plugin

Darren S. phatbuckett at ...11827...
Mon Jan 18 18:51:08 EST 2016

As a small contribution to the community, we would like to announce the
release of a Nagios plugin we use internally for monitoring correct receipt
of traffic on our passive NIDS/NSM sensors. It's an inelegant little
creation but does the job, and aids with keeping tabs on what can otherwise
be prone to failing quietly and causing unknown visibility gaps in security
monitoring.

https://github.com/RiskIQ/check_nids_interfaces
https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Security/check_nids_interfaces/details

We welcome feedback, improvements, etc. and hope this is useful to others.

--
Darren Spruell
phatbuckett at ...11827...