[Snort-users] community-rules file with appended data at the end.

wkitty42 at ...14940... wkitty42 at ...14940...
Wed Feb 24 17:08:26 EST 2016

On 02/24/2016 03:08 PM, Lamont, Brian A. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I use wget to grab the latest rules file, it comes through with lots of
> what appears to be certificate data appended to the end.   Does this come from
> Snort or a result from my end?
>
> Command:
>
> wget --no-check-certificate
> https://www.snort.org/downloads/community/community-rules.tar.gz

change your wget line to specify the filename to save to...

wget --no-check-certificate -O /some/path/to/community-rules.tar.gz
https://www.snort.org/downloads/community/community-rules.tar.gz