[Snort-users] Fwd: Snort Alerts in Unix Sockets

Nauman Ahmad nauman.ahmad at ...17373...
Wed Feb 17 00:40:23 EST 2016

I have configured Snort to log alerts to unix socket and they are
successfully being logged. However the issue is that I have used the code
from 'README.UNSOCK' to read from the unix socket and access its members.
By compiling it with all required libraries included I have removed all
linking related errors during compilation, but I am getting an error that
the structure 'Alertpkt' is not defined which means it cannot be accessed
even when Snort.h is included. Kindly help me in this regard as the
provided example has an 'Alertpkt' variable defined. I am using the most
latest source code during compilation. If you can provide me the structure
of 'Alertpkt' it will help me in accessing the information contained.