[Snort-users] Precomplies so_rules for debian 8 (snortrules-snapshot-2980.tar.gz)

wkitty42 at ...14940... wkitty42 at ...14940...
Tue Feb 16 12:24:47 EST 2016

On 02/16/2016 08:51 AM, Balasubramaniam Natarajan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like if we could get the precompiled so_rules for Debian 8.  As for now
> when I deflate snortrules-snapshot-2980.tar.gz I can only see the precompiled
> so_rules up to Debian 6.

IIRC, compiling them should be as simple as running make... that means a build
environment which is generally undesirable on a security device but one could
easily have a central server that pulls the rules, compiles the so_rules and
then all the sensors pull from that central server instead of from outside
servers...