[Snort-users] Snort 184.108.40.206 has been released!
snortreleases at ...950...
Wed Dec 14 12:04:46 EST 2016
Please join the Snort team as we welcome the addition of Snort 220.127.116.11
to General Availability!
Snort 18.104.22.168 can be downloaded from the usual location on Snort.org
The new keywords, when they are used, will cause older versions of Snort
to fail. /(Meaning, you cannot use 22.214.171.124 rules in 126.96.36.199 and below,
once those keywords are used.)/
Below are the release notes:
[*] New additions
* New rule option for byte_math. See the Snort manual for details.
* Added bitmask and from_end operations to byte_test. See the Snort
manual for details.
* Added a Buffer Dump utility to trace all of the buffers used by
snort during inspection.
- Enable this by --enable-buffer-dump option to configure prior
to building. See the Snort manual for details.
* Added new HTTP preprocessor alerts to detect multiple content
encoding and multiple content length.
* Added support for SMTP Traffic detection over SSL (SMTPS).
* Fixed an issue which reduces extra service discovery to improve
* Fixed multiple issues in AppID.
- Reconstructed the call to port-service detection.
- Fixed issue where AppId for Facebook over SPDY/HTTP 1.1 was
- Preventing third-party application identification for expected
* Stability improvement for Stream preprocessor.
- Addressed incorrect flushing of packets whose size is greater
- Fixed an issue where incorrect length argument in memcpy caused
out of bound memory access.
* Fixed multiple issues in HttpInspect preprocessor.
- Handling chunk encoding followed by \r\r\r\n and \n\n\n\r\r\n.
- Fixed an issue with LZMA flash decompression.
* Fixed mime data processing issue in SMTP stateless inspection.
* Added support to decode packets that contains VLAN with Secure
Group Tag (SGT).
* Fixed Issue related to DLL-Load in Snort on windows platforms for
The Snort Team would like to thank the following for their contributions
in the Snort 188.8.131.52 release:
Marcel da Silva
As always, join the conversation over on the Snort-Users list
<https://snort.org/community> for any installation or upgrade assistance!
The Snort Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Snort-users