[Snort-users] Snort++ crashes abruptly

João Soares joaosoares11 at ...125...
Wed Dec 14 09:15:06 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

I've just updated Snort++ to Version 3.0.0-a4 (Build 221) and it is
crashing from time to time. I've collected the following errors:

AppIdDbg failed to create a related flow for xxx.xx.xx.xx-0 ->
yyy.yy.yy.yy-52094 17

(The crash does not happen here)

snort:
/usr/local/src/snort3/src/service_inspectors/http_inspect/http_stream_splitter_reassemble.cc:208:
virtual const StreamBuffer* HttpStreamSplitter::reassemble(Flow*,
unsigned int, unsigned int, const uint8_t*, unsigned int, uint32_t,
unsigned int&): Assertion `total <= MAX_OCTETS' failed.

(It crashes here)

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? If you need additional
info, please reply, I will provide it ASAP.

Best regards,
João Soares