[Snort-users] Understanding how to debug snort.config

Jared F mrfire76 at ...125...
Tue Dec 6 17:26:11 EST 2016

I would like to understand how to debug my snort.config file.  The following error is generated when I run my config with the -T switch and i'm not sure what important information is being echo'd back to me.

ERROR: f:\snort\etc\snort.conf(326) => Invalid keyword '}' for server configuration.

I thought the (326) meant the line the error was coming from and although there is a bracket there it doesn't look wrong.  Where should I start learning how to troubleshoot snort?

-OutSnorted