[Snort-users] Port Mirroring

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Tue Dec 6 12:08:07 EST 2016

http://www.winsnort.com/tutorials/article/12-how-to-create-and-install-a-passive-ethernet-tap/

Kindest regards,

Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management

--

****************** Established ~ 2001 *******************

*          Visit Us @  <http://www.winsnort.com/> http://www.winsnort.com           *

*      ~~ FREE WinIDS Snort installation guides ~~      *

*               ~~ FREE support forums ~~               *

* Snort: Open Source Network IDS -  <http://www.snort.org/> http://www.snort.org *

From: Justin Pederson [mailto:jpedersm at ...11827...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:44 AM
To: snort-users mailinglist <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Snort-users] Port Mirroring

What are you guys doing to Mirror Ports.  I was going to use my wireless router I got from the ISP but I found out last night this can not be done with it.  I do have a 2950 and 2960 switch that I can setup mirroring on but you rather not have them running in my office constantly.  Any idea on what the difference between a hub and network tap will be?  If the network tap is the way to go any idea on some have way decent ones for a home lab?