[Snort-users] Any Good Books out there?

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Thu Dec 1 15:32:41 EST 2016

Albert is right.

Also, manual.snort.org<http://manual.snort.org> is a bit easier to remember.

--
Joel Esler | Talos: Manager | jesler at ...589...<mailto:jesler at ...589...>

On Dec 1, 2016, at 2:00 PM, Al Lewis (allewi) <allewi at ...589...<mailto:allewi at ...589...>> wrote:

Hello Justin,

The best “book” would be the snort manual in my opinion. This will give you the most information that is updated and maintained by the developers.

If you go through a section of the manual (and don’t understand it) please feel free to post whatever question no matter how big or small.

We will be glad to help you out and get you pointed in the right direction.

The snort manual can be found in the snort download (in the doc directory) from www.snort.org<http://www.snort.org> and also online here: http://manual-snort-org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

Thanks!

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
Email: allewi at ...589...<mailto:allewi at ...589...>