[Snort-users] Event_filters don't work with in-rule threshold filters.

fatema bannatwala fatema.bannatwala at ...11827...
Mon Apr 25 13:43:20 EDT 2016

Thanks WKitty42 for the quick response.
For some reason, I didn't get the reply in my inbox, was surfing the
internet and got to read there.

I don't see any error logging in the snort log file, I think I have to
enable the debugging mode for the same.

We are running snort in production, and daily the updated list of the ruled
get pulled by pulledpork, so even if I comment the rules out in the
original .rules file, it will get updated with the un-commented version
next morning .

I think I will go with the option of disabling the sid using
disablesid.conf file and then editing the original rule in local.rules file
with new sids.
Thank you for the suggestion, but I feel that if we can't define
stand-alone event_filters for the rules we want (just because rules already
have threshold defined in them), it forfeits the whole purpose of
introducing the stand-alone event_filter feature :( (Yes, it can be useful
as global filters, but not for fine-grained control over specific rules)

Thanks!

Fatema.